Camp counselors are responsible for creating a fun and engaging summer experience that focuses on creativity, communication, teamwork, exposure for fun and learning in English. Homeroom camp counselors will implement the following subjects throughout the summer course: language arts, STEM, cultural exposure, reflection time/summer journal completion, summer fair preparation, and digital world exposure. Other camp counselor opportunities are available as well such as art, swimming, sports, singing/performing, and dance.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR DUTIES
• Create customized lesson plans based upon the themes of summer camp and submitting them each week.
• Encourage the use of English throughout the summer camp experience.
• Create a learning environment that is inviting and engaging but does not resemble school.
• Have a strong commitment to a summer learning style that is creative and engaging.
• Maintain good classroom management through positive behavior supports and interventions.
• Be a positive team leader during summer camp activities.
• Be able to guide students and support them during summer field trips.
• Maintain ongoing communication with the Summer Coordinator and occasional communication with parent(s)/guardian(s) regarding student performance.
• Perform additional tasks, as assigned.
• Join overnight trips with secondary students.